Beginnings 1948-1955

Jack, Carl and Jess Schmidt start up a market gardening business at 191 Casimir Avenue

The Next Season

With Jack’s death in 1955, Nellie and Ken take over the business

Greenhouse moves to Hwy 17

Needing more space, in the early ’70s, Ken purchased property on Hwy 17 West of town and started building on the property.

The Third Generation

In the mid 2000s, Ken’s son Kurt and wife Holly take over the operations and continue to today.